So this week I mixed up my add ins but first let me share my basic cookie recipe. So you start with the basic and then you can add it any kind of mix in. Things you need to know about my cookie recipe, my cookies don’t expand and they are more like cake consistency.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, dark or light (I prefer dark)
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 cups flour (unbleached, all purpose)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal, optional
mix-ins: you can do any combination, I suggest no more than 2 cups total. So I did 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- preheat oven 375, lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper
- beat butter, sugars, vanilla, salt, baking soda, flaxseed meal
- add egg until smooth
- add flour
- add mix-ins
- drop cookies using a tablespoon or a cookie scooper, I fit 16 on a pan
- bake 10-16 minutes depending on oven and mix-ins
- remove from oven let cool for 2-4 minutes before removing to cool an additional 10 minutes
- store for 5-7 days, if they make it that long.
Makes 44 cookies!!