We are getting ready for fall and what better way than to make apple pie filling. I prefer it deconstructed anyways without a crust but I make mine ahead of time and in large batches so I can store it in the freezer and enjoy it over ice cream all year round. (After we go apple picking in a few weeks, I will update this post with pictures). I just am so excited to stock my freezer up that I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you! I am also so excited to take Jellybean apple picking with us this year!
- 8 apples washed, diced and cubed (you can peel them if you want to)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 brown sugar (dark or light)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- dash of cinnamon (or more depending on what you like)
- mix all ingredients together and spread over a baking sheet.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- allow to cool for storage (I use freezer gallon bags because they lay flat and take up less space) or serve immediately.