Another busy week here at our household. I attended a farmers market on Saturday which took up most of my day selling my hair bows and piggy banks (heads up having a sale on my site for Labor Day August 29-September 5). Anyways, since that took up most of my Saturday, I was left with Sunday. I am not usually a fan of cooking on Sunday, I like to use that as my day of rest. After 3 hours of church (I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) and then going grocery shopping, making dinner the last thing I wanted to do was meal prep, but I did it anyways.
I started by buying some corn at the Farmers Market, usually I cut it off the core and put it in the freezer but I decided to try something new. I had a few Chicken Sausage links left over from one of the Bento Boxes I made so I figured why not add it in.
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 2 Chicken Sausage links, diced (from Sam’s Club)
- 2 cups of pasta cooked (according to the box)
- olive oil or butter
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro shredded
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Sautee corn in a large skillet with some olive oil or butter with seasonings
- add in diced chicken sausage, cook for 5 minutes
- add jalapeno and cilantro, cook for 3 minutes
- add in cooked pasta and tomato sauce cook and mix for 2 minutes
- serve, makes 4 servings at 1.5 cups each
Also people ask me all the time how do you meal prep with a baby? Most of the time I am blessed to have my husband hang with her for a few hours, other times I am stuck wearing her for 2 hours or so. Here’s Jellybean and I cooking, Gotta start her young (3 months)!!